- Embedded omnidirectional and wideband antenna
- Supports concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems (GPS+GLONASS+Galileo)
- Ultra-low power consumption in tracking mode (20mA)
- Built-in LNA
- Supports EASY™
- Supports AlwaysLocate™
- Supports LOCUS™
- Supports SBAS (WAAS/EGNOS/MSAS/GAGAN)
- High sensitivity: -165dBm during tracking, -148dBm during acquisition
- Dual SAW filters for better noise cancellation
- Balloon mode enables altitude of up to 80km
- Multi-tone active interference canceller for great anti-jamming performance
- PPS VS. NMEA can be used for time service
- Supports SDK commands developed by Quectel
The L96 is a GNSS module measuring 14.0mm × 9.6mm × 2.0mm with an embedded chip antenna and external antenna interface. With 33 tracking channels, 99 acquisition channels and 210 PRN channels, the module supports concurrent reception of up to three GNSS systems (GPS+GLONASS+Galileo), reducing time-to-first-fix compared to GPS-only systems, and allowing accurate navigation in settings such as urban canyons. The L96 combines EASY™ (Embedded Assist System for self-generated orbit prediction) with LOCUS™ (internal logger) and AlwaysLocate™ to achieve excellent accuracy with low power consumption.
EASY™ allows the L96 to calculate and predict orbits automatically using up to 3 days of ephemeris data stored in the RAM, so it can fix position quickly and with low power consumption, even when signal levels are lower. LOCUS™ allows the module to log position information to the internal flash memory at default intervals of 15 seconds, typically providing more than 16 hours log capacity without extra cost. AlwaysLocate™ allows the L96 to adjust the on/off time adaptively to achieve balance between positioning accuracy and power consumption, according to environmental and motion conditions. The built-in LNA additionally provides the module with better performance under weak signal areas.
The L96’s combination of ultra-compact design, extremely low power consumption and superior performance makes it ideal for power-sensitive applications, especially portable devices, and it is suited to a variety of consumer and industry applications.