We will protect your personal information in accordance with the principles of lawfulness, fairness, transparency, purpose limitation, data minimization, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
- Cookies and Other Technologies
- Sharing, Transfer and Disclosure of Information
- Information on Quectel’s Security Protection
- Your Management of Personal Information
- Information Protection for Minors
- Contact us
1. Collection and Use of Personal Information
“Personal information” refers to information recorded by electronic or other means that can identify a specific person or reflect the activities of that person, alone or in combination with other information. Basic record information, and other information that cannot identify you or your activities, by itself or in combination with other information, is not in the scope of your personal information.
- After collecting your personal information, Quectel will de-identify the data through technical means.
When Quectel intends to use your personal information for other purposes not specified in this Policy, or use information collected on the basis of a specific purpose for other purposes, it will ask you for prior consent.
2. Cookies and Other Technologies
- When you use Quectel products or services, in order to make your access experience easier, we may use various technologies to collect and store information. In the process, we may send one or more cookies or anonymous identifiers to your device.
3. Sharing, Transfer and Disclosure of Information
We will treat your information with all due diligence and will not share, transfer or disclose your personal information with any company, organization or individual other than our affiliates. If we need to share information with a third party, we will sign a confidentiality agreement with that third party.
4. Information Security Protection of Quectel
Your personal information will be stored in the People’s Republic of China. If it needs to be transmitted across borders, we will separately obtain your authorization and consent. Quectel will adopt industry-standard security protection measures, including the establishment of reasonable systems, regulations and security technology to protect your information. You understand that even if we do our best to strengthen security measures, it is impossible to always ensure that information is 100% safe in the Internet industry due to technical limitations and various malicious methods that may exist. In case of an information security incident, we will inform you of the basic situation, possible impacts and remedial measures in a timely fashion according to the requirements of relevant laws and regulations.
5. Your Management of Personal Information
You have the right to inquire, correct, manage and delete your own information and protect your privacy and security.
Unless otherwise stipulated by laws and regulations, you can exercise your right by exporting and recording relevant log files.
When you need to update your personal information, or find that there is an error in our handling of your personal information, you have the right to make corrections or updates. You can make corrections by yourself, or submit your correction application to us through feedback and error reporting.
You can delete your information through settings or function controls in the product.
You have the right to change the scope of your authorization or withdraw your authorization by deleting information, turning off device features, privacy settings in websites or software, etc.
We will make reasonable commercial efforts to meet your requirements for inquiring, correcting, managing, deleting and obtaining copies of personal information. However, we may refuse requests that are repeated for no reason, require too many technical means, bring risks to the legitimate rights and interests of others, or are very unrealistic.
- Applicable Law
The execution, interpretation and dispute resolution of this Policy shall be governed by the laws of the People’s Republic of China, to the exclusion of any conflicting laws. This Policy is written in both Chinese and English languages. In case of a conflict between the two versions, the Chinese version shall prevail.
In case of any dispute between you and Quectel on the content of this Policy or its implementation, both parties shall settle it through friendly negotiation; if both parties fail to settle the dispute through negotiation, both parties agree to submit the dispute to the people’s court where the product or service provider resides.
7. Information Protection for Minors
Quectel attaches great importance to the protection of personal information of minors. If you are a minor, you should obtain the consent of your parents or legal guardian before using.
- Your authorization is not required for collecting and using your relevant information in accordance with laws and regulations under the following circumstances:
- Related to national security and national defense security
- Related to public safety, public health and major public interests
- Related to criminal investigation, prosecution, trial and execution of judgment
- When it is difficult to obtain personal consent for the protection of the subject of personal information or material legitimate rights and interests such as the lives and property of other individuals
- When we are required to maintain the safe and stable operation of the products and/or services provided, such as detection and handling of malfunctions of products and/or services
- When the information is required for legitimate news reporting
- When the information is required for statistics or academic research based on public interest – academic research institutions de-identify personal information contained in the research or description of results provided externally
- Other conditions prescribed by laws and regulations
9. Contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about this agreement or data processing, or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please contact us.