EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is a global suppliers of cellular IoT modules and antennas: we exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous and secure.
Quectel Australia & New Zealand has a strong market share in the region and and is currently working with more than 200 customers. We are now looking for an experienced Senior Field Application Engineer (FAE) to support the most challenging and complex engineering and support needs of our customers.
The Senior FAE is a key role within Quectel Australia and New Zealand. You will be responsible for interacting with our customers on both local and global projects, ensuring that they have the best solution available based on our products and services. You will work closely with the local sales team and distributors, delivering an in-depth understanding of our complete product and service portfolio and providing second-to-none technical support for 5G, LTE/LTE-A, GSM/GPRS and GNSS. You will also be also responsible for delivering training sessions for all our customers and partners, presenting confidently on Quectel products and related technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar customer facing role within the IoT sector or related. They will need to be self-driven,with an eye for detail and someone who cares for the success of their customers. The ability to work independently and effectively, but within a wider, global team is essential to this role.
To win is your passion – to succeed is your goal!
- Provide technical support for Quectel's entire product line, including 5G, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS/HSPA, GSM/GPRS and GNSS wireless technologies.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales technical support and customer training on Quectel wireless modules and development tools.
- Provide swift responses to customer technical enquiries, being prepared to travel for on-site support across Australia.
- Be able to give product presentations and conduct product and tool training for customers on-site.
- Provide tangible feedback and feasible Quectel solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
- Develop simple demonstration applications to help customers evaluate and integrate Quectel modules quicker and more effectively.
- Prepare Weekly Technical Reports indicating the support activity and open issue progress.
Required Education, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer, Automation, Electronics & Communications or other IT related fields.
- Three years or more experience in embedded product design or Firmware development in electronics.
- Good knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE/TCP/IP/GPS specification/standards
- Good knowledge of C/C++, Linux, android specification/standards is a plus
- Experience in development of peripheral driver and debug troubleshooting (USB, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, EMMC, PWM, Camera, LCD) is a plus
- Excellent demonstrating outstanding communication and presentation skills and being able to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
- Creative problem solver possessing good analytical and troubleshooting skills, able to manage and swiftly resolve all technical issues, delivering highest quality services to Quectel customers.
- Be self motivated, able to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and a predisposition for teamwork. Be a positive thinker and easily get along with others.
- Based in Sydney.
- Fluent English coommunication skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Experienced in embedded Linux, Android system, or other OSs.
- Experienced in 2G, 3G, NBIoT, CatM, LTE RF/Antenna design, tuning or testing.
- Experienced in module certificates, e.g. RCM or carrier’s approval process.
- Familiar with LTE/UMTS/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/GPS Wireless M2M Modules.
- Proficient C/C++, Perl, Python, Shell programming Skills.
- Knowledge of Wireless Network, mobile phone or wireless modem technologies including Bluetooth, WIFI, Zigbee, etc.
- Familiar with ARM microcontrollers architecture.