DepartmentR&D Center (Penang)
EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is one of the leading global suppliers of cellular IOT module and antennas. We exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products and services help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous and secure. At Quectel, you will have a huge impact on the quality of growing suite of products and services we offer to our customers.
A career at Quectel means joining a unique global team, driving innovation, improving people’s lives, and helping to build a smarter world.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Communication/Microwave or equivalent practical experience.
- Familiarity with RF principles, conformance specs and mainstream test instruments.
- Component level understanding of RF architecture design within a Cellular Modem.
- Experience in testing products, with a focus on one on one more RF technologies including Cellular 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi 802.11 etc.
- Able to grasp key understanding of different parameters from datasheets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good spoken and written English.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly comprehend with the advancement in RF technology and with company’s growing product lines.
- Strong in pressure handling, strain capacity, logical thinking and problem-solving abilities.
- Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics/Communication/Microwave or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience of working with Lab equipment like R&S CWM500, Anritsu MT8821C, IQxel, VNA, Spectrum Analyzer and oscilloscope etc.
- Structural level understanding of RF design with a proven experience in debugging, troubleshooting and failure analysis investigation.
- Experience in testing and troubleshooting RF technologies including Cellular 2G/3G/4G/NB-IOT/Cat-M/GNSS and Wi-Fi 802.11 etc.
- Understanding of different OTA and EMC test requirements with a proven experience of resolving OTA and EMC certification issues like desense, spurious and harmonics etc.
- Proficient in using PADS, AD, CAM350 and other EDA development tools to Review schematic diagrams and PCB layouts.
- Responsible for RF hardware technical support in debugging and resolving on 2G/3G/4G/5G/CAT-M/NB-IoT/GNSS/Wi-Fi and other wireless communication module products.
- Provide reliable design solutions to customers according to their actual applications.
- Coordinate between different teams (like CPM, FAE, Cert.) in resolving customer’s RF hardware related issues in a timely manner.
- Review the SCH and PCB design files of customer's device using EDA tools.
- Support to solve the problems encountered in overseas certifications for OTA and EMC.
- Assist customers in hardware RF related queries and concerns with prompt replies.
- Able to hold meetings independently with customers and certification labs if necessary.
- Track, maintain and summarize RF related queries & problems from customers in reports.
- Responsible for internal technical trainings for FAE and Sale teams.
- Cooperate with RF development team to create the technical application notes.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.