EducationCollege or above
Responsibility for the direct and indirect sales of all Quectel products and services in the Sub-Sahara Africa region. Local and International travel at the company’s expense.
- Establish and maintain excellent customer relationships at the various levels within customer organisations.
- Acquisition of new Accounts in the region.
- Manage customers projects transition smoothly from design to mass production phases in conjunction with the support of a local Field Application Engineer and Headquarters.
- Management of Quectel local distributors that will include price negotiations, project management, customer problem solving on a commercial level as well as managing high level support in conjunction with the local Field Application engineer.
- Build and maintain business relationships with relevant Mobile Network Operators.
- Cooperate on an international level with Quectel colleagues in other regions as related to the import and export business in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Maintain and grow market share in the Sub-Saharan region across all products and services offered by Quectel.
- Reporting regional activity of customers and distribution partners on a regular basis with quarterly business reviews.
- Sales forecasting, customer delivery schedule management and regular high-level meetings on projects and forecasts.
- An understanding of competitor activity and strategy formulation to maintain and grow market share of the Quectel brand.
- General day to day business and actioning management decisions.
Day To Day Business:
- Meetings with customers to discuss suitable hardware for implementation in their products.
- Meetings with distributors to resolve price breaks, new projects, and competitor activity. - Discussions with the local Field Application Engineer regarding customer projects and status updates on technical support.
- Discussions with local Mobile Network Operators relating to LPWA, LTE, 5G and Quectel hardware type approvals.
- Communicate customer related information on projects and expected volumes with Quectel R&D team as well as product managers.
- Face to Face customer visits, these include direct customers, with local distributors and with local Field Application Engineer where required.
- Matric with Mathematics and Science.
- Practical or Tertiary qualification in Electrical Engineering (LC) / communications.
- Sales or Project management qualification (Advantageous).
- Home based in South Africa
- Minimum of 3 years account management of Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 accounts.
- Management of value-added resellers or distribution channels.
- Sales skills to up sell and cross sell both products and services.
- Project management which includes large multinational accounts, distribution partners and SME enterprises:
o Management and Development of a sales funnel o Project management both internally and externally;
o Cross border and cross region customer support.
- Experience on Salesforce CRM System.
- Experience with MS Office Advantageous Experience: An understanding of any of the following:
o Electronic Hardware Design Principals;
o C based Software coding schemes;
o AT command interfacing;
o Cloud based integration.
- An understanding of device management and connection to cellular networks:
o LTE and LTE-A;
- Worked Remotely for long periods of time without supervision.