EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is one of the leading global suppliers of cellular IoT modules and antennas: we exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous and secure. This is your opportunity to join one of the fastest growing customer-oriented market leaders in the IoT space and work in an environment where you can make a difference!
We are looking for an experienced Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our successful Penang team. The customer comes first at Quectel and this role is critical to ensuring the highest level of support to these customers. The successful candidate will work as part of our regional team, responsible for both global and regional projects, but focusing primarily on local customers. A background in a similar or related industry is preferable alongside the ability to ensure the customer is always first and provide them with excellent support.
Quectel aims to guarantee our customers the most professional sales experience in the industry and the ideal candidate needs to reflect this ethos. The role is for someone who is a true team player, able to play their role in growing Quectel’s business and ensuring highest level of support for customer projects, while at the same time able to operate independently and be responsible for their own activities.
To win is your passion – to succeed is your goal!
Qualities needed to succeed in this role:
- Proven success in managing strategic accounts and driving growth across their remit
- Ability to develop and execute strategy for achieving annual sales goals as well as aligning with Quectel plans
- Able to identify key decision makers within customer executive team, engineering, supply management and establish strong relationships across all levels including the C-suite
- Capable of driving new business demand creation and conducting face to face customer management meetings as necessary
- Skilled at creating and aligning monthly and quarterly sales forecasts, delivering revenue goals and ensuring on-time supply
- 3-10 years of experience in electronics or relevant products (preferably on semiconductors, wireless modules)
- Strong interest in IoT applications
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills and good written and verbal communication
- Fluent in Chinese / English (written and oral)
- Prepared to travel to customer premises
- Driving license and car
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Embedded HW/SW development experience and understanding
- Cellular, RF & GNSS module experience is preferred
- Understanding about the evolving wireless technologies and new categories of LTE / 5G.
- Experience managing the sales activities within Malaysia
- Professional attitude with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interface directly with different levels of the customers' organization