EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is one of the leading global suppliers of cellular IoT modules and antennas: we exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous, and secure.
Quectel South Korea has a strong market share in the region and is currently working with more than 200 customers. We are now looking for an experienced Field Application Engineer (FAE) to support the most challenging and complex engineering and support needs of our customers.
The FAE is a key role within Quectel South Korea. You will be responsible for interacting with our customers on both local and global projects, ensuring that they have the best solution available based on our products and services. You will work closely with the local sales team and distributors, delivering an in-depth understanding of our complete product and service portfolio and providing second-to-none technical support for 5G, LTE/LTE-A, GSM/GPRS, and GNSS. You will also be also responsible for delivering training sessions for all our customers and partners, presenting confidently on Quectel products and related technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar customer-facing role within the IoT sector or related. They will need to be self-driven, with an eye for detail, and someone who cares for the success of their customers. The ability to work independently and effectively, but within a wider, global team is essential to this role.
To win is your passion – to succeed is your goal!
- Provide technical support for Quectel's entire product line, including 5G, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS/HSPA, GSM/GPRS, and GNSS wireless technologies.
- Provide Pre-Sales and Post-Sales technical support and customer training on Quectel wireless modules and development tools.
- Provide swift responses to customer technical inquiries, being prepared to travel for on-site support across Korea.
- Be able to give product presentations and conduct product and tool training for customers on-site.
- Provide tangible feedback and feasible Quectel solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
- Develop simple demonstration applications to help customers evaluate and integrate Quectel modules quicker and more effectively.
- Prepare Weekly Technical Reports indicating the support activity and open issue progress.
Required Education, Experience, and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer, Automation, Electronics and Communications, or other IT-related fields.
- Three years or more experience in hardware design or RF development in electronics.
- Good knowledge of RF electronic components, at least know one of hardware design tools such as Altium, Cadence, PADS, and so on.
- Experience in the development of hardware peripherals and debug troubleshooting (USB, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, EMMC, PWM, Camera, LCD) is a plus
- Excellent demonstrating outstanding communication and presentation skills and being able to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
- Creative problem solver possessing good analytical and troubleshooting skills, able to manage and swiftly resolve all technical issues, delivering the highest quality services to Quectel customers.
- Be self-motivated, able to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and apredisposition for teamwork. Be a positive thinker and easily get along with others.
- Must be based in Korea.
- Must be a native Englishspeaker or similar speaking level.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Preferred Experience:
- Experienced in hardware design and debugging.
- Experienced in 2G, 3G, NBIoT, CatM, LTE RF/Antenna design, tuning or testing.
- Familiar with LTE/UMTS/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/GPS Wireless M2M Modules.
- Knowledge of Wireless networks, mobile phone or wireless modem technologies including Bluetooth, WIFI, etc.