EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is one of the leading global suppliers of cellular modules and antennas: we exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous, and secure.
For the position in IOT module vendors, Quectel is No.1 in revenues and units shipped; No. 1 in growth yearly;No. 1 IoT customer of Qualcomm.
Quectel own 2300+ R&D engineers, setup 6 global R&D centres in Shanghai(China), Hefei(China), Foshan(China), Guilin(China), Vancouver(Canada), Belgrade(Serbia). Quectel monthly produce 22Mpcs modules for more than 6000 customers worldwide.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our NA FAE team to be responsible to assist our customers to design in with Quectel product and solution. To be successful, the ideal candidate is likely to have a background from a cellular module maker/partner, cellular IOT device maker, Mobile Network Operator (MNO), or similar with great understanding of the complex world of connectivity services, SIM-eUICC, roaming and other related technologies & solutions. They will be responsible for engaging Quectel customers across NA who want to design with Quectel module/Antenna/Services, working independently and together with our regional teams in NA. This role will influence the future and success of Quectel.
1. Provide technical support for Quectel's product line, including 5G, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS/HSPA, GSM/GPRS and GNSS wireless technologies.
2. Provide technical support and customer training on Quectel wireless modules and development tools.
3. Provide quick responses to customer technical enquiries, being prepared to travel for on-site support across north America.
4. Be able to give product presentations and conduct product and tool training for customers on-site.
5. Provide tangible feedback and feasible Quectel solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
6. Develop simple demonstration applications to help customers evaluate and integrate Quectel modules quicker and more effectively.
7. Prepare Weekly Technical Reports indicating the support activity and open issue progress.
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer, Automation, Electronics & Communications or other IT related fields.
2. Three years or more experience in embedded product design or Firmware development in electronics.
3. Good knowledge of GSM/GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/LTE/TCP/IP/GPS specification/standards
4. Experience in development of RTOS OS development is a plus，FreeRTOS, Threadx for example.
5. Experience in development of peripheral driver and debug troubleshooting (USB, UART, I2C, I2S, SPI, SDIO, EMMC, PWM, Camera, LCD) is a plus
6. Excellent demonstrating outstanding communication and presentation skills and being able to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
7. Creative problem solver possessing good analytical and troubleshooting skills, able to manage and swiftly resolve all technical issues, delivering highest quality services to Quectel customers.
8. Be Self Motivated, able to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and a predisposition for teamwork. Be a positive thinker and easily get along with others.
9. Must be based in US/Canada.
10. Must be able and willing to travel.
1. Experienced in embedded Linux, RTOS, or other OSs.
2. Experienced in 2G, 3G, NBIoT, CatM, LTE RF/Antenna design, tuning or testing.
3. Experienced in module certificates, e.g. CE, FCC, GCF, PTCRB or carrier’s approval process.
4. Familiar with LTE/UMTS/HSPA/GSM/GPRS/GPS Wireless M2M Modules.
5. Proficient C/C++, Perl, Python, Shell programming Skills.
6. Knowledge of Wireless Network, mobile phone or wireless modem technologies including Bluetooth, WIFI, Zigbee, etc.
7. Familiar with ARM microcontrollers architecture.