EducationBachelor or above
- Support North American customers with Android based product designs through debugging, testing, analysis and providing solutions for all software problems on customer devices.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support and customer training on Quectel wireless modules and development tools.
- Provide quick responses to customer technical enquiries, communicate well with customers, and have a sense of customer service.
- Be able to give product presentations and conduct product and tool training for customers on-site.
- Provide tangible feedback and feasible Quectel solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
- Develop simple demonstration applications to help customers evaluate and integrate Quectel modules quicker and more effectively.
- Support other teams to resolve software issues. Such as module certification (CE, FCC, GCF, PTCRB, ATT, etc.).
- Other tasks assigned temporarily by the supervisor.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in electrical, telecommunications or computer science.
- 3+ years as an Android Developer with a deep understanding of Android Android/Linux device development experience, able to debug basic drivers, such as LCD, Camera, Audio, RIL, etc.; skilled in using various Linux commands.
- Must have a good knowledge of the basic architecture and communication principles of cellular communication; must be familiar with the basic functions of Qualcomm Snapdragon series, Android modules and can assist customers in dealing with related software problems.
- Familiar with various code assistance tools, such as Git, Source Insight and Beyond Compare.
- Must have experience with Linux Kernel and device driver development.
- Must have experience bringing up Android devices.
- Have the desire and motivation to understand the root cause of a problem and deliver a robust solution.
- Must be a creative problem solver, possessing good analytical and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to manage and swiftly resolve all technical issues, delivering quality services to Quectel customers.
- Communication/presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
- Have a good team spirit, be serious and responsible for work, have a sense of customer service, be proactive, and can work under pressure
- Must be willing to travel in Canada/US
- Full time
- Preferred start date: November 15th, 2021
- Expected to be living in the Greater Vancouver area. This position is in-person.
How to apply:
We appreciate your interest in our Field Application Engineer-Android (Vancouver) position. Upon applying, please submit both a cover letter and resume. References will be required.