EducationBachelor or above
Quectel is one of the leading global suppliers of cellular modules and antennas: we exist to connect devices and people to networks and services, powering digital innovation and helping to build a smarter world. Our products help make life more convenient, efficient, comfortable, prosperous, and secure.
For the position in IOT module vendors, Quectel is not only one of those leading companys in the industry in revenues and units shipped;but also in growth yearly; Biggest IoT customer of Qualcomm.
Quectel own 3000+ R&D engineers, setup 8 global R&D centres in Shanghai(China), Hefei(China), Foshan(China), Guilin(China), Wuhan(China), Vancouver(Canada), Belgrade(Serbia), Penang(Malaysia). Quectel monthly produce 22Mpcs modules for more than 6000 customers worldwide.
Quectel sees a big and growing opportunity in 5G CPEs as these devices provide unmatched quality of service and provide mobile broadband services for a big population who still don’t have a reliable mobile broadband across APAC. This is growing due to cost of laying cable or fiber way too expensive and 5G offers significantly increased throughput. We are looking for an exceptionally talented individual to join our APAC Technical Sales team to manage all communication, agreements, and relations with major NA carriers and MVNOs. The Carrier Relations Manager is supporting the delivery and support teams with carrier-related information and coordination. To be successful, the ideal candidate is likely to have a background from an established router company (CPE) with existing relationships with carriers, a cellular module maker/partner, cellular IOT device maker, Mobile Network Operator (MNO), or similar with great understanding of the complex world of connectivity services, carrier procured CPEs, SIM-eUICC, roaming and other related technologies & solutions. They will be responsible for engaging with carriers, setup roadmap discussions, obtain carrier RFPs, be POC for all carriers and desing in Quectel module/Antenna/Services, working independently and together with our regional teams in APAC. This role will influence the future and success of Quectel.
- Manage carrier relationships with telecom carriers and service partners and be the main point of contact for carrier issues.
- Promote Quectel's entire product line, including 5G, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS/HSPA, GSM/GPRS, LPWA, GNSS and antenna technologies.
- Strengthen the relationship with the CPE teams in carriers and make sure Quectel is well position to bid compelling and competitive modules to be used in these cellular CPEs or provide ODM services to our CPE partners.
- Coordinate calls and meetings as appropriate with carrier partners to solidify existing relationships and develop new relationships to make sure there is technical and business alignments.
- Administer and maintain up-to-date knowledge of carriers’ requirements especially growing CPE segment; process changes/amendments of existing contracts and communicates to relevant stakeholders.
- Provide tangible feedback and feasible Quectel solutions to customers, based on their application requirements.
- Develop strategic business relationships and long-term business plans with each carrier that maximize buying potential for the company.
- Prepare necessary reports for internal consumption.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Computer, Automation, Electronics & Communications, or other IT related fields. MBA a plus.
- Good technical understanding of cellular CPEs and hotspots and carrier business.
- Five years or more experience in sales, ecosystem, and business development. Focus on carrier driven CPEs.
- Good knowledge of cellular based 3gpp technologies – 5G/LTE-A etc.
- Excellent demonstrating outstanding communication and presentation skills and being able to effectively communicate in a multicultural work and customer environment.
- Be Self Motivated, able to work independently with a strong sense of responsibility and a predisposition for teamwork. Be a positive thinker and easily get along with others.
- Existing relationships in APAC carriers highly desirable.
- Must be based in APAC.
- Must be a native English speaker or similar speaking level.
- Must be able and willing to travel.