EducationBachelor or above
As the Automotive Product Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the sales team in driving the growth of Quectel’s Automotive business across Japan . Position reports to Quectel Automotive Business unit, but answers to Vice President of Sales, Automotive. Candidate will drive Product Management activities in support of OEM and Tier1 RFQ/RFI’s based on Quectel Cellular, GNSS, WiFi/BT, CV2X and Antenna Solutions. Fast paced position that will require focus, coordination between China, Europe and North America, Japan and deep Technical understanding of the greater automotive market. Prior experience within Automotive market and technical degree is required.
Preferred location is in Taiwan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze the new requirements of the OEM and Tier 1 customers, complete product demand analysis and product definition, and work closely with R&D, projects, and sales to promote project development and achieve product goals.
- Propose product optimization and improvement suggestions and supervise the implementation until the end of the product life cycle.
- Be able to timely and accurately research, monitor and analyze the dynamics of competitors, and propose corresponding countermeasures.
- Follow up and answer OEM RFQ, providing the NAD product proposal (Technical solution/Timeline) in time according to the RFQ requirements, and assisting sales to formulate products and business strategies according to competitors.
- Manage and support awarded OEM/Tier1 programs.
- Product market promotion: proactively carry out technical exchanges or workshops with the OEM/Tier1s and promote the advantages and strengths of Quectel’s solutions.
- Investigate, analyze and track the market of Automotive On-Board-Unit (TCU / IVI / Wireless/GNSS/CV2X)
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering with 5+ years of work experience in Automotive or related field.
- Experience in HW or SW development, management and promotion of Automotive products, familiar with software and hardware architectures of TCU / IVI / vehicle wireless communication products.
- Familiar with the general requirements and standards of the automotive industry such as TS16949 / APQP / PPAP and clear understanding of OEM/Tier1 quality and system requirements.
- Work experience in Automotive NAD (2G / 3G / LTE/5G/V2X).
- Strong English and Japanese speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Team management experience is preferred. Ability to coordinate across international regions a must.
- Frequent travel will be required within Japan and even APAC area.
Quectel’s passion for a smarter world drives us to accelerate IoT innovation. A highly customer-centric organization, we are a global IoT solutions provider backed by outstanding support and services. Our growing global team of over 3,000 professionals sets the pace for innovation in cellular, GNSS and WiFi/BT modules, antennas and IoT connectivity. Listed on the Shanghai Stock Exchange (603236.SS),our international leadership is devoted to advancing IoT across the globe.