AG550Q is a series of automotive grade 5G NR Sub-6GHz modules developed by Quectel, supporting both 5G NR NSA and SA modes. Adopting 3GPP Rel. 15 technology, the module supports maximum 2.12Gbps downlink and 900Mbps uplink data rates for 5G NR, and maximum 2.02Gbps downlink and 75Mbps uplink data rates for LTE-A. Supporting optional C-V2X PC5 direct communications, AG550Q is a great solution for automotive applications and makes the traffic smoother and more efficient through paving the way for automated driving and achieving the goal of fully connected traffic. It supports DSDA (optional), and provides abundant interfaces for customers to develop applications. Its excellent performance in ESD and EMI protection ensures great robustness in harsh environments.
AG550Q contains multiple variants (AG550Q-CN, AG550Q-EU, AG550Q-NA and AG550Q-ROW) to meet varied market demands. It is backward compatible with existing GSM, UMTS and LTE networks, enabling it to be connected in areas without 5G NR deployment currently and even remote areas devoid of 3G or 4G coverage.
AG550Q supports multiple input multiple output (MIMO) technology. Using multiple antennas at the transmitting and receiving ends at the same time and on the same frequency band greatly reduces errors and optimizes data speed. The module supports Qualcomm® IZat™ location technology Gen9VT Lite (GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, QZSS). The optional QDR 3.0 and the integrated multi-frequency (L1/L2/L5) GNSS receiver simplify product design greatly and provide quicker, more accurate and more dependable positioning capability.
With AG550Q, we are able to provide automotive OEMs and tier-1 suppliers with secure and reliable connected car solutions, and also provide vehicle manufacturers smart and flexible solutions to build self-driving cars. More specifically, the module will be commonly found in telematics boxes (T-Box), telematics control units (TCU), advanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), C-V2X (V2V, V2I, V2P) systems, on-board units (OBU), roadside units (RSU), and other automotive/traffic systems.
● IATF 16949/AEC-Q100 qualified and compliant with automotive quality processes such as APQP, PPAP, etc.
● Automotive 5G NR module with 4G (LTE Cat 19)/3G/2G fallback, supporting both 5G NR NSA and SA modes
● MIMO technology meets demands for data rate and link reliability
● Optional C-V2X PC5 mode 4 direct communications
● Optional QDR 3.0 and multi-frequency GNSS receiver available for applications requiring fast and accurate position fixes in any environment
● Optional DSDA (Dual SIM Dual Activation) for flexible user-oriented applications
● Feature refinements: DFOTA, VoLTE, QuecOpen®, High Security, etc.
● Wide operating temperature range (-40°C to +85°C) and high eCall operating temperature (up to +95°C) meet the demanding requirements for automotive devices
● Excellent EMC protection makes the module operate satisfactorily in any harsh environment