Quectel's commitment is to lead the industry forward with continuous innovation. This is why Quectel has been at the forefront of IoT evolution all along.
5G mobile networks will be the next major phase of mobile telecommunications standards beyond the current 4G LTE deployments. LTE is entering its second half decade of deployment and still has planned improvement in its roadmap, especially LTE Advantage (LTE-A) and LTE Advantage Pro (LTE-A Pro). In fact, many of the enhancements in LTE Advantage Pro are essential buildings blocks for 5G and will enable many of the critical features and early use case for 5G..
● Enhanced Mobile Broadband (EMBB)
● Massive Internet of Things (MIoT)
● Mission Critical Services (MCS)
From 2020 to 2035, the total contribution of 5G to real global GDP will be equivalent to that of India – currently the seventh largest economy in the world.
Low-Power Wide-Area technology is enabling the next big jump towards a connected world and IoT. LPWA networks are designed for IoT and machine-to-machine (M2M) applications that have low data rates, require long battery life and optimized cost, and operate in remote and hard to reach locations. They will be easy to implement and deploy, and serve a number of vertical markets such as manufacturing, wearables, utilities and transport.
● Low power consumption
● Optimized data transfer
● Low device unit cost
● Easy installation of the network
● Sufficient indoor penetration and coverage
● Low device unit cost
● +20dB better than GSM
● 10Yrs battery life
● 50K connections per cell
● Public utility: metering, alarm
● Home appliance
● Personal: wearables, smart bicycles
● Industry: tracking
eCall is a European initiative intended to bring rapid assistance to motorists involved in a collision anywhere in the European Union. The eCall initiative aims to deploy a device installed in all vehicles that will automatically dial 112 in the event of a serious road accident, and wirelessly send airbag deployment and impact sensor information, as well as GPS coordinates to local emergency agencies.
● Automatically initiate emergency call
● Send impact sensor information, GPS location data, plate number to rescue center
● Establish voice connection between vehicle and emergency center
● High reliability and sensitivity
● Remotely upgrade firmware via FOTA function
● Compact form factor
● Low current consumption
● Ultra compact form factor
● High RF performance and high sensitivity <-108.5dBm
● Firmware update over the air by QuecFOTA
QuecOpenTM is a method that the module is acting as the main processor. It can reduce the product cost effectively, which is greatly valued by customers. With the assistance of QuecOpenTM solution, hardware design and software design flow for wireless application will be simplified.
● A set of header files defines all interface functions and QuecOpenTM parameters
● Development guide and relevant documents
● Quectel Core System firmware
● Download tool for image bin
● Shorten the product development period
● Simplify the circuit design and reduce the cost
● Reduce the product’s size
● Decrease power consumption
● Upgraded via QuecOpenTM FOTA
QuecLocator is an assisted positioning system besides GNSS. When devices are in some challenging signal environments, such as indoors or when GNSS signal is not available, QuecLocator can provide position information based on cellular networks. The service can be supported where 2G/3G/4G network coverage is available.
● When receiver works indoors
● Under elevated bridge
● When GNSS signal is influenced by jamming
● Cost down solution for specific application
● Easy to use, security ensured
● Huge database including more than 40 million WCDMA/GSM base stations covering 238 countries
● Cells information and location information only carry location related data which ensure customer’s private information is secure.
● Cells information and location information have been encrypted.
Dual-tone multi-frequency (DTMF) is used for telecommunication signaling over analog telephone lines in the voice-frequency band between telephone handsets or other communication devices and the switching center. Each DTMF "tone" has actually two tones: a low-frequency tone and a high-frequency tone-combined.
● Safety surveillance
● Intelligent monitoring
● Vehicle remote control
Without peripheral circuit, Quetel modules can intelligently detect DTMF tone and automatically report it via main UART port. Built-in DTMF function saves customers’ product space and simplifies the design.
Quectel Enhanced AT commands can minimize losing rate or repeating rate of different periods of source tones.
Quectel modules’ audio interface has main and auxiliary channels. Audio interface can be designed for the applications of handset, headset, loud speaker and etc. Quectel can provide the customer with the reference design of the prepherial circuit and ways of decreasing TTD noise, suppressing Echo and sidetone.
● Loud speaker
● Decreasing TTD noise
● Echo suppression and cancellation
● Better performance with customized algorithm
For any technical issues, please visit our technology forum and join the discussion.
Latest news and movements regarding the IoT industry and technologies.
If you have any questions about Quectel products and documentations, please let us know how we can help.
Here you can find detailed information about IoT and communication technologies.