The automotive industry is shifting its attention away from infotainment to focus on transformative technologies that will enable the Mobility as a Service paradigm to spring to life.
And the future starts now, the automotive industry now appears close to substantial change, engendered by autonomous, or "self-driving," vehicle technologies. This technology offers the possibility of significant benefits to social welfare — saving lives; reducing crashes, congestion, fuel consumption, and pollution; increasing mobility for the disabled; and ultimately improving land use.
Autonomous cars are going to have a strong need to be monitored in terms of vehicle health as well as location and ensuring they’re not behaving erratically. That is going to generate a huge amount of information and it’s going to be the job of telematics providers. Telematics will be a key to understand how those vehicles are behaving and interacting with one another.
The challenges facing Quectel are
● Rugged, high quality components
● Cost effective, high volume components for vehicle life span
● Tools and services to simplify integration and accelerate product development
● Real-time data collection and monitoring
● Reliable data transmission
Quectel Wireless Solutions takes these challenges and turns them into opportunities to develop GSM/GPRS, UMTS/HSPA(+), LTE and GNSS modules for automotive applications
● Emergency call
● Navigation and driver assistance
● Vehicle diagnostics
● Stolen vehicle tracking & recovery